What would a wedding be without a bride and her wedding flowers! Flowers have played a role during ceremonies and receptions for centuries. From buttonholes to bouquets, table arrangements arch arrangements, there is no shortage of uses for wedding flowers, the list goes on! As Northland wedding florists, we work with many wonderful couples to help them decide not only the types of flowers they want, but also how they are used. Today we’re going to share with you seven of the most popular and beautiful ways wedding flowers can be used during your special day!
7 Ways of Incorporating Wedding Flowers into Your Big Day!
As a wedding florist, we’re often asked by brides if we can provide bouquets and buttonholes for the bridal party. Many brides seem surprised when we ask them if they’d like any other wedding florals. They reply ‘yes please’ once we explain the ways in which they can use flowers in both their ceremony and reception. So, we thought we’d share with you seven wonderful ways you can use flowers at your upcoming wedding.
- Bouquets – not only does the bride need a bouquet, but so does her bridal party. From a spiraled tight hand tied bouquet, relaxed hand tied to wild and whimsical you are spoilt for choice! We make our style your style, you dream it we create it. Check out our gallery for some of the amazing wedding bouquets we have created.
- Buttonholes – traditionally worn by the male bridal party members, buttonholes are also given to the parents and grandparents of each couple too. They are generally made with the same flowers and colours which feature in the bridal flowers.
- Floral table arrangements – from simple attractive posies in vases on tables, table garlands to elaborate ceiling suspended pieces, it’s amazing how wedding flowers can transform your reception tables into a floral oasis.
- Arch arrangements – arches are used as backdrops during wedding ceremonies or at an entrance way. They are great for focusing people’s attention onto the bridal couple, setting the mood of the wedding and providing a great backdrop for photos. We’d love to create you a floral arch in your personal style, so please get in touch with us to discuss further.
- Confetti cones – paper confetti and even rice are long gone! Instead why not celebrate your marriage showered in beautiful petals of the same colours as your wedding theme! These also look amazing in photos!
- Floral cake toppers – instead of your traditional royal icing, choose a floral topper instead. We’ll work with you and your cake designer to design a piece keeping your colour and style theme consistent through your special day.
- Venue decorations – there’s nothing more beautiful and breath taking than seeing (and smelling) gorgeous floral arrangements at a wedding. Choose the eco-friendly option of fresh flowers in displays such as deluxe hanging floral chandeliers, suspended rustic ladders, trailing pedestal arrangements or simple blooms tied up with ribbon and hung on the ends of pews or chairs at your ceremony.
But these are only some of the ways you can incorporate florals at your wedding. Give us a call or pop into our studio and let’s chat about how you can incorporate flowers into your wedding day. We make our style your style, you dream it we create it.